Our activities include:
- sponsoring master classes and workshops directed toward adult and student chamber music players,
- presenting programs to encourage public support of and interest in chamber music, presenting concerts and educational programs for children and adults,
- offering selected groups of young student musicians scholarships to participate in our workshops with special intensive coaching and a supportive environment.
- Our coaches for this session will be:
- Diane Alancraig - Flute
- Randy Fisher - Viola
- Diane Roscetti - Cello
- John Steinmetz - Bassoon
- Robert Thies - Piano
About The Workshop
- You may apply as an individual for one or both days, or as a member of a preformed group for one of the days and an individual for the other.
- Preformed group members are responsible for finding their own music plus a score for their coach to use.
- For those of you who you sign up as individuals: each day we'll assign you to a group made up of other players of comparable skill levels; we'll assign the composition that you'll be working on and do our best to send you copies of your music well in advance of the workshop weekend.
- Be prepared for any kind of weather---lunch is served outside.
- Each session will begin at 8:30 AM and end at 5:00 PM.
- Parking at UCSB is now $4. The machines do not give change, however they do take credit cards.
- We hope to have rooms available for freelancing on Saturday night. If you're interested, please bring your music.
- This workshop will have performance samplers on both days so participants can hear all the groups perform.
- A map of the UCSB campus and driving directions to the Music building will be sent to you along with your acceptance letter.
- To ensure a workable balance, the workshop will have specific quotas of various instruments and playing experience. We want a mix of strings, woodwinds and pianos. If we have too many applications from people playing your instrument, we may have to put you on a waiting list.
- An intermediate to advanced level of competence in both instrumental technique and sight reading is required for workshop acceptance. Please tell us about yourself on the application.
- Each coach will have at most two groups to work with each day.
- One Day - $90.00 Both Days - $180.00
- Extra meals for guests - $15.00
- Fees include lunch and break-refreshments.
- Some scholarships are available.
Important DatesApplication deadline: Saturday, January 27, 2018.
Acceptance or regrets notification will be mailed on
February 18, 2018.
Contact if you have not received an acknowledgement by 10 days after mailing in your application. Cancellations and Refunds:
- Full refund (less $15 registration fee) if cancellation
postmarked on or before March 2, 2018.
- 50% refund (less $15 registration fee) if notice received by March 9, 2018.
- Refund not available after March 10, 2018.